Bumble The Bee Funky Friends Factory Pattern
Finished toy Size: 35cm / 14 inch
I wanted to make a BIG, HAPPY, ‘bumbly’ Bee that you’d just want to pick up and HUG! The world needs bees and everyone can have their own cuddly one, too! Bumble has some small bits like feelers, so I’d say this pattern is not great for a beginner... unless you desperately want a bee! Did you know Bees come in ALL different colours? We even have Australian Bees that are BLUE! So go wild and make your Bee any colour you like!
Bumble can be sewn in most fabrics. I sewed him out of quilting cottons but stretch (knit) fabrics like fleece or Cuddle would be nice and snuggly!
- Thorax fabric - 23cm x 28cm wide (9 x 11 inches wide)
- * Abdomen fabric - 20cm x 36cm wide (8 x 14 inches wide)
- Arm, Leg & Feeler fabric - 36cm x 55cm wide (14 x 21½ inches wide)
- Head fabric - 36cm x 27½cm wide (14 x 10¾ inches wide)
- Wing fabric - 18cm x 50cm wide (7 x 19½ inches wide)
- Wing Batting - 18cm x 25cm wide (7 x 10 inches wide)
- Felt scraps for Eyes, Pupils and Cheeks
* If you don’t have striped fabric, sew some strips of fabric together instead!Main fabric (LIGHT) - 45cm x 55cm wide (17¾” x 22” wide)